Friday, September 9, 2011

Then Bring None At All pt. 7

The King, the Estuary, and the Foil, all brothers, worked together to ward Him off for as long as they could, but He was determined to have them all. He was furious at having lost souls that He had already claimed, and His anger is not something to be taken lightly. The Tactician was the one to figure out how to defeat Him and save them all; in order to take away His power, they had to take away their belief in Him. The only way to truly do that was to forget that He existed at all.

There are many ways to make oneself forget a thing, but none of them are pleasant. I will not go into detail here on the various ways that they forgot Him, but I will tell you that one of their number was not able to do so. It seems fated that the one who plays this part in the cycle is never allowed to forget, because they have to see that the message is delivered to the King of the next cycle.

I'm afraid I don't have time to tell any more of this story. It's nearly time for me to wake up. I'm afraid I'll be unable to contact you again after this; and really I've only left this message for him, to elaborate on what he will be told in the near future. Perhaps he'll be able to tell you more one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment